A list of all Flying Logic menu commands and their functionality
Export of diagrams to PDF, PNG and JPEG support a “Save Ink” option identical to that available when printing: group backgrounds are not shaded.
PDF is the most desirable format for publishing and all other applications that do not require a “bitmapped” graphics format (such as JPEG or PNG), as PDF images will scale to any size with no loss of quality. PDF also supports transparency, and will look good when overlaid against backgrounds containing images or textures.
JPEG images are compressed, and may show a slight fuzziness around the edges of lines and text. Also, JPEG images do not support transparency, so programs that overlay images on backgrounds (such as presentation software) will show the JPEG as completely obscuring any background. Exporting the image to PDF or PNG is recommended when transparency is desired.
When exporting to MS Project, the following conversion rules apply:
- All entities are converted to MS Project Tasks of the same effort assigned in the Entity tab of the Element inspector when Project Management is turned on, or 1-day effort if no other effort has been specified. Zero-effort tasks are converted to MS Project milestones. The name of the task is the entity’s title. The
Text1field of the task is set to
Text2field of the task is set to the entity class name. The
Number1field of the task is set to the confidence value of the entity.
- All junctors are converted to MS Project milestones. The name of the task is the name of the junctor operator. The
Text1field of the milestone is set to
Number1field of the task is set to the confidence value of the junctor.
- All groups are converted to MS Project summary tasks. The name of the summary task is the title of the group. The
Text1field of the summary task is set to
- All edges are converted to finish-to-start dependencies with no lag.
- Notes for entities, groups, and junctors become notes on the corresponding tasks. Notes on edges are not preserved, because MS Project does not support notes on task dependencies.